The Water-Clear Epoxy Casting Resin Ideal for Jewellery
GlassCast 10 is a water-clear, UV resistant clear casting resin developed for smaller or thinner castings such as jewellery, 3D resin-art, gaps/knots/wood inlays and more. It can be used to make parts up to around 10mm thick in a single pour.
Because GlassCast 10 has been developed as a casting resin and not a coating resin, it remains water-clear even in thick sections. It doesn’t however, self-level to quite the perfectly flat, glossy finish of our GlassCast 3 coating resin and would require a flat and polish if a perfect finish is required on the open face.
GlassCast 10 Recommended Uses
- Resin jewellery – clear or tinted
- Resin and ‘secret’ wood jewellery
- 3D resin art – using layers, pigments and effects
- Clear figurines or castings
- Pen blanks, knife scales and other blanks
- Thick counter-tops (up to 10mm) – with embedded objects
- Simulated water on models or scenarios
GlassCast 10 Advantages
- Incredibly clear – no epoxy beats it for clarity
- Highly UV stable – GlassCast 10 is best-in-class
- Natural air bubble release – almost zero trapped air without degassing
- Low viscosity – ideal for intricate castings
- Highly machinable – great for turning, shaping and polishing
- 100% solids – zero shrinkage
- No odour – VOC free
How to Use
GlassCast 10 has been developed for professional users to produce the best results possible. It is not a ‘craft’ product and not intended for children. Before purchase, storage or use you must read the Safety and Technical data. Having said that, GlassCast 10 is incredibly easy-to-use and delivers fantastic results under a wide range of conditions.
GlassCast 10 is sold as a kit which includes both the resin and hardener. When you are ready to pour, measure the resin and hardener at the correct ratio and mix thoroughly. Add any pigments or effects and then pour the resin – no more than 10mm deep – into your mould, cavity or wherever you’re using it. The resin will reach initial cure in around 24hrs.
Download the Technical Datasheet from the ‘Downloads’ tab for full details on correct measuring, mixing and use of the product.
Getting More Creative – Pigments, Tints and Metallics
Although GlassCast 10 is often used completely clear it is also compatible with our complete range of tints, solid-colour pigments and metallic-effect powders. Many other colours and powders can be added too but be sure to conduct a test to ensure compatibility.
Shipping & Returns:
Please Note: We only deliver our goods to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
We do not deliver to England, Wales, Scotland, Europe or any other areas of the World.
Orders can only be collected from our premises in Dublin. Please view our Find Us page for our exact location.
The cost of delivery is calculated at checkout, it is based on your location, the weight and size of your order and its hazardous classification. The amount will be shown before you commit to payment.
Delivery is normally to your door by a tracked courier or Haz-Chem truck driver. If you have any concerns about your delivery, please contact us and we will give you its tracking number, website address and delivery details or in the case of the Haz-Chem we will contact them on your behalf.
The earlier in the day we receive your order (closing time is 12 midday) the better chance we have of dispatching it on the same day. Bulk deliveries will be dispatched via a specialized Dangerous Goods Haulier. Delivery times will depend on your location. Please contact us on +353 (1) 466 3786 for exact times and costs.
All carriers require a contact phone number for the consignment as this avoids non delivery of the goods.
Please note packages must be signed for upon delivery, they cannot be left without a signature unless arranged beforehand with our team. Delivery is made Monday – Friday between the hours of 9am-5pm
We have a proven track record in attending to customers orders efficiently.
Non-Hazardous, Hazardous, Limited Quantity
All products on the site have a classification of either Non-Hazardous, Hazardous or Limited Quantity. Non-Hazardous are products such as Fibreglass mat/fabrics, refills, rollers, brushes, tape, etc. Hazardous products contain large amounts of resin, acetone, catalyst, and certain kit sizes. Most other products are classified as being Limited Quantity i.e. they may contain small amounts of Resin, Catalyst and Acetone.
Return goods Policy:
- Claims in respect of damaged goods, short deliveries etc. must be made in writing three days of receipt of goods.
- Returns after a period of one month shall not be accepted.
- Returning the goods is at your own expense and is non-refundable.
- There will be a handling charge of 15% on all returned goods.
- Any returns made within the specific period should be in a resalable condition.
- Specially ordered goods including Trims cannot be returned. (We would ask all customers to carefully select your trims).
- Non-standard colours must be paid upfront prior to mixing and MID Glassfibre Supplies Ltd cannot accept any responsibility as to colour variations after the goods has been mixed. We also cannot accept any returns.
- Goods ordered or received in error must be notified to us in writing within three days.
- All goods are subject to our Terms & Conditions.