PaiBoat TOPFINISH 2 is a fine finish polishing compound developed specifically for tough plastics like epoxy resin. The super fine nano-particle formulation can be used to achieve even higher levels of gloss on polished epoxy resin surfaces or be used to restore gloss to scratched or well-used surfaces.
It is highly recommended for use with all GlassCast resins and is ideal for finishing jewellery, table-tops, counters, river tables and many more projects to incredible levels of mirror-finish gloss. It should be used after a coarser cutting compound like NW1 in situations where the highest possible gloss is required.
TOPFINISH 2 is NOT a replacement for a coarser cutting compound such as NW1 Super Cutting Compound which should always be used after flatting GlassCast (to 1200 grit) using abrasive paper. Instead, it can be used as a second polishing compound to achieve an even higher level of gloss if required. Alternatively, TOPFINISH 2 can be used when restoring gloss to existing countertops, bartops, floors or jewellery pieces which may have become lightly scratched by use over time.
- Improving the level of gloss on a river-table or counter-top
- Polishing jewellery pieces or castings to a mirror-finish
- Re-polishing tabletops, bartops and counter tops that have become scratched or been repaired.
How to Use
TOPFINISH 2 is a finishing compound and not a cutting compound. Before using TOPFINISH 2 the surface of your resin should already be smooth and glossy. If the surface has scratches they should only be very fine scratches from use, not remaining scratches from prior flatting and polishing.
Once the surface is ready to polish, apply a liberal amount of the TOPFINISH 2 using a clean cloth or wipe. A power polisher will yield the best results in the shortest possible time but it is also possible to polish epoxy resin using TOPFINISH 2 by hand.
If using a power-polisher, it is suggested to use a soft or medium soft (blue) polishing pad to match the TOPFINISH 2’s fine polishing action. When polishing, be careful to keep the pad moving so as to avoid building up too much heat in the resin. Add more compound as necessary.
Shipping & Returns:
Please Note: We only deliver our goods to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
We do not deliver to England, Wales, Scotland, Europe or any other areas of the World.
Orders can only be collected from our premises in Dublin. Please view our Find Us page for our exact location.
The cost of delivery is calculated at checkout, it is based on your location, the weight and size of your order and its hazardous classification. The amount will be shown before you commit to payment.
Delivery is normally to your door by a tracked courier or Haz-Chem truck driver. If you have any concerns about your delivery, please contact us and we will give you its tracking number, website address and delivery details or in the case of the Haz-Chem we will contact them on your behalf.
The earlier in the day we receive your order (closing time is 12 midday) the better chance we have of dispatching it on the same day. Bulk deliveries will be dispatched via a specialized Dangerous Goods Haulier. Delivery times will depend on your location. Please contact us on +353 (1) 466 3786 for exact times and costs.
All carriers require a contact phone number for the consignment as this avoids non delivery of the goods.
Please note packages must be signed for upon delivery, they cannot be left without a signature unless arranged beforehand with our team. Delivery is made Monday – Friday between the hours of 9am-5pm
We have a proven track record in attending to customers orders efficiently.
Non-Hazardous, Hazardous, Limited Quantity
All products on the site have a classification of either Non-Hazardous, Hazardous or Limited Quantity. Non-Hazardous are products such as Fibreglass mat/fabrics, refills, rollers, brushes, tape, etc. Hazardous products contain large amounts of resin, acetone, catalyst, and certain kit sizes. Most other products are classified as being Limited Quantity i.e. they may contain small amounts of Resin, Catalyst and Acetone.
Return goods Policy:
- Claims in respect of damaged goods, short deliveries etc. must be made in writing three days of receipt of goods.
- Returns after a period of one month shall not be accepted.
- Returning the goods is at your own expense and is non-refundable.
- There will be a handling charge of 15% on all returned goods.
- Any returns made within the specific period should be in a resalable condition.
- Specially ordered goods including Trims cannot be returned. (We would ask all customers to carefully select your trims).
- Non-standard colours must be paid upfront prior to mixing and MID Glassfibre Supplies Ltd cannot accept any responsibility as to colour variations after the goods has been mixed. We also cannot accept any returns.
- Goods ordered or received in error must be notified to us in writing within three days.
- All goods are subject to our Terms & Conditions.