Celz – Silicone oil dispersion media for resin art cells
Our high-quality silicone cell dispersion media is for use in epoxy resin art to create amazing cells and lacing effects. The product reacts with the epoxy resin and to create cell-like effects, lacing and movement between the different colours resulting in circular formations and bold patterns and effects. It is a great addition to your resin art kit and is the ideal product to help achieve wave effects in the ever-popular ocean pieces.
Celz™ Silicone Oil Dispersion Media works perfectly with Epoxy GlassCast 3 Coating Resin to create stunning Resin Art.
This silicone cell dispersion medium is available in a handy 50ml pack size with an easy-to-use twist-top dispenser nozzle, allowing you to add a couple of drops to your pigmented epoxy resin in order to create the effects. Silicone cell dispersion medium is compatible with epoxy resin like the GlassCast Resin range, however, it should be used sparingly.
Instructions for Use
As stated above this medium should be used sparingly to avoid pitting in the resin surface.
- Prepare surface to be poured (if required)
- Measure and mix the epoxy resin for the artwork
- Pigment the resin with epoxy-compatible pigments
- Just prior to pouring – add a few drops of Silicone Cell Dispersion Medium (apply a few drops to one colour or distribute evenly)
- Swirl into resin, do not mix
- Pour immediately to create cells and lacing
If you have used too much silicone cell dispersion medium you may notice areas of pitting or craters where the resin does not lie flat, once cured the surface can be cleaned and a clear coat applied if required.
The medium can be applied directly to the surface to create larger cells, although this process will usually require further cleaning of the cured surface and a clear flood coat.
Silicone Oil Dispersion Media for Resin Art is super slippy! While it is fantastic for creating cells in resin artwork it can cause serious side-effects which can make it almost impossible for anything to bond to your first pour, including additional layers of resin. Thorough cleaning is a must!
Shipping & Returns:
Please Note: We only deliver our goods to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
We do not deliver to England, Wales, Scotland, Europe or any other areas of the World.
Orders can also be collected from our premises in Dublin. Please view our Find Us page for our exact location.
The cost of delivery is calculated at checkout, it is based on your location, the weight and size of your order and its hazardous classification. The amount will be shown before you commit to payment.
This product is safe for all forms of transport when sold on its own. No restrictions apply. However, if your basket includes any of the Epoxy products, the following applies;
Delivery is normally to your door by a tracked courier or Haz-Chem truck driver. If you have any concerns about your delivery, please contact us and we will give you its tracking number, website address and delivery details or in the case of the Haz-Chem we will contact them on your behalf.
The earlier in the day we receive your order (closing time is 12 midday) the better chance we have of dispatching it on the same day. Bulk deliveries will be dispatched via a specialized Dangerous Goods Haulier. Delivery times will depend on your location. Please contact us on +353 (1) 466 3786 for exact times and costs.
All carriers require a contact phone number for the consignment as this avoids non delivery of the goods.
Please note packages must be signed for upon delivery, they cannot be left without a signature unless arranged beforehand with our team. Delivery is made Monday – Friday between the hours of 9am-5pm
We have a proven track record in attending to customers orders efficiently.
Non-Hazardous, Hazardous, Limited Quantity
All products on the site have a classification of either Non-Hazardous, Hazardous or Limited Quantity. Non-Hazardous are products such as Fibreglass mat/fabrics, refills, rollers, brushes, tape, etc. Hazardous products contain large amounts of resin, acetone, catalyst, and certain kit sizes. Most other products are classified as being Limited Quantity i.e. they may contain small amounts of Resin, Catalyst and Acetone.
Return goods Policy:
- Claims in respect of damaged goods, short deliveries etc. must be made in writing three days of receipt of goods.
- Returns after a period of one month shall not be accepted.
- Returning the goods is at your own expense and is non-refundable.
- There will be a handling charge of 15% on all returned goods.
- Any returns made within the specific period should be in a resalable condition.
- Specially ordered goods including Trims cannot be returned. (We would ask all customers to carefully select your trims).
- Non-standard colours must be paid upfront prior to mixing and MID Glassfibre Supplies Ltd cannot accept any responsibility as to colour variations after the goods has been mixed. We also cannot accept any returns.
- Goods ordered or received in error must be notified to us in writing within three days.
- All goods are subject to our Terms & Conditions.