NW1 is a coarse, fast-cutting polishing compound developed specifically for tough plastics such as epoxy resin. This advanced polishing compound can transform a satin 1200 grit finished surface to a high level of gloss in just a few minutes using a power polisher. For smaller areas, the compound can also be hand polished to a gloss finish.
NW1 is highly recommended for use with all GlassCast resins and is ideal for finishing jewellery, table-tops, counters, river tables and many more projects that have been flatted to around a 1200 grit with abrasive paper.
NW1 is perfect for polishing clear or coloured GlassCast epoxy resin projects and can be used when finishing a new piece, repairing damage or restoring gloss to an old countertop, bartop or floor that has become scratched over time.
- Polishing the resin on river tables
- Polishing jewellery such as ‘secret’ wood pieces
- Polishing edges that have been flatted on artwork
- Re-polishing tabletops, bartops and counter tops that have become scratched or been repaired.
NW1 Super Cutting Compound Advantages
- Designed for hard plastics – much faster cutting than general compounds like ‘T-Cut’
- Self lubricating – reduces heat build-up
- ‘Diminishing’ action means the paste goes from coarse to fine as you polish
- Pigment free formulation reduces the risk of marking surround wood/materials
How to Use
Before attempting to polish your cured GlassCast epoxy resin, it should have been properly flatted and sanded to a smooth 1200 grit finish using abrasive papers. It is very important that this flatting is done properly, working from coarse through to very fine papers without skipping any grits.
Once the surface is ready to polish, apply a liberal amount of the NW1 Super Cutting Compound using a clean cloth or wipe. A power polisher will yield the best results in the shortest possible time but it is also possible to polish epoxy resin using NW1 by hand.
If using a power-polisher, it is suggested to use a hard or medium hard (orange) polishing pad to match the NW1’s coarse cutting action. When polishing, be careful to keep the pad moving so as to avoid building up too much heat in the resin. Add more compound as necessary.
You will find that the compound goes from a coarse cutting action to a finer polishing action as the compound itself breaks down. This means that you would normally want to finish off the final passes using compound that has been on the pad for some time, rather than new compound.
Finishing To an Even Higher Gloss
In some situations, you may be looking for an even higher level of gloss than the coarse NW1 compound can provide. If this is the case then NW1 can be followed by TOPFINISH2 Ultra Gloss Polishing Compound to achieve mirror-finish levels of gloss.
Shipping & Returns:
Please Note: We only deliver our goods to the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
We do not deliver to England, Wales, Scotland, Europe or any other areas of the World.
Orders can only be collected from our premises in Dublin. Please view our Find Us page for our exact location.
The cost of delivery is calculated at checkout, it is based on your location, the weight and size of your order and its hazardous classification. The amount will be shown before you commit to payment.
Delivery is normally to your door by a tracked courier or Haz-Chem truck driver. If you have any concerns about your delivery, please contact us and we will give you its tracking number, website address and delivery details or in the case of the Haz-Chem we will contact them on your behalf.
The earlier in the day we receive your order (closing time is 12 midday) the better chance we have of dispatching it on the same day. Bulk deliveries will be dispatched via a specialized Dangerous Goods Haulier. Delivery times will depend on your location. Please contact us on +353 (1) 466 3786 for exact times and costs.
All carriers require a contact phone number for the consignment as this avoids non delivery of the goods.
Please note packages must be signed for upon delivery, they cannot be left without a signature unless arranged beforehand with our team. Delivery is made Monday – Friday between the hours of 9am-5pm
We have a proven track record in attending to customers orders efficiently.
Non-Hazardous, Hazardous, Limited Quantity
All products on the site have a classification of either Non-Hazardous, Hazardous or Limited Quantity. Non-Hazardous are products such as Fibreglass mat/fabrics, refills, rollers, brushes, tape, etc. Hazardous products contain large amounts of resin, acetone, catalyst, and certain kit sizes. Most other products are classified as being Limited Quantity i.e. they may contain small amounts of Resin, Catalyst and Acetone.
Return goods Policy:
- Claims in respect of damaged goods, short deliveries etc. must be made in writing three days of receipt of goods.
- Returns after a period of one month shall not be accepted.
- Returning the goods is at your own expense and is non-refundable.
- There will be a handling charge of 15% on all returned goods.
- Any returns made within the specific period should be in a resalable condition.
- Specially ordered goods including Trims cannot be returned. (We would ask all customers to carefully select your trims).
- Non-standard colours must be paid upfront prior to mixing and MID Glassfibre Supplies Ltd cannot accept any responsibility as to colour variations after the goods has been mixed. We also cannot accept any returns.
- Goods ordered or received in error must be notified to us in writing within three days.
- All goods are subject to our Terms & Conditions.