TEROSON® UP620 gelcoat filler restores the original surface finish to boat hulls and glassfibre panels. TEROSON UP 620 can be used to repair blisters caused by osmosis and minor surface damages on glass fibre and gelcoat finishes. Once set, TEROSON UP 620 is waterproof and may be overpainted if required.
TECHNICAL DATA (Typical Test Results)
- Colour white
- Odour styrene
- Density approx. 1.35 g/cm³
- Colour white
- Odour neutral
- Density approx. 1.1 g/cm³
Mixture (Component A+B)
- Mixing ratio by volume 100: 2-3
- Pot life (20 °C, 50% rh) 12 min.
- Grinding possible after 20 to 30 min.
PRETREATMENT The surface area around the dent, scratch or hole must be clean, dry and free from oil, grease and loose particles. In case of rusty surfaces, the rust has to be removed to bare metal. The entire repair area should be grinded with 120 grit sand paper. It is not necessary to remove the paint around the repair area as long as the paint has good adhesion to the surface. Finally the sanded parts have to be cleaned and pretreated for the next step with TEROSON VR 120.
- Use the amount of Body Filler according to the required repair area and mix the mass in a ratio of a golf ball size (40mL) with a 4 to 5 cm (2 to 3 %) long hardener stripe of TEROSON UP 190, using a spreader until a uniform color has been achieved.
- After mixing the time to apply the filler is approximately 12 minutes at 20°C.
- Apply the filler mixture onto the repair area in a way that the dent, scratch or hole is sufficiently filled.
- Thicker layers should be built up using multiple layers. Surface can be sanded after 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Accelerated cure, using an infrared heater (surface temperature max. 60°C) is possible after 10 minutes of the Body Filler application.
For further information on best safety practices: see section on hazards.
H242 Heating may cause a fire.
H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction.
H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
H410 Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
(Refer to Safety Data Sheet under ‘Data Sheets’ tab)