TEROSON® UP610 Marine Filler is the universal unsaturated polyester body filler used for marine applications. It repairs transom/stern damages, stress cracks, keel and rudder surfaces, redundant holes, engine mountings, damaged and pitted propellers, cracks and holes on hulls and superstructures, damages caused by osmosis or crazing, gaps between hull and deck and worn and damaged superstructures. Marine filler fills and seals holes and cracks. Can be used underwater when over marine paint. Super smooth finish on wood, metal, glass fibre and aluminium. Can be painted with all marine finishes. Applications: Ideal for superstructure repairs
TECHNICAL DATA (Typical Test Results)
- Colour white
- Odour styrene
- Density approx. 1.93 g/cm³
- Colour white
- Odour neutral
- Density approx. 1.1 g/cm³
Mixture (Component A+B)
- Mixing ratio by volume 100: 2-3
- Pot life (20 °C, 50% rh) 4 min.
- Grinding possible after 15 to 20 min.
PRETREATMENT The surface area around the dent, scratch or hole must be clean, dry and free from oil, grease and loose particles. In case of rusty surfaces, the rust has to be removed to bare metal. The entire repair area should be grinded with 120 grit sand paper. It is not necessary to remove the paint around the repair area, as long as the paint has good adhesion to the surface. Finally, the sanded parts have to be cleaned and pretreated for the next step with TEROSON VR 20.
- Use the amount of Body Filler according to the required repair area and mix the mass in a ratio of a golf ball size (40mL) with a 4 to 5 cm (2 to 3 %) long hardener stripe of TEROSON UP 190, using a spreader until a uniform color has been achieved.
- After mixing the time to apply the filler is approximately 4 minutes at 20°C.
- Apply the filler mixture onto the repair area in a way that the dent, scratch or hole is sufficiently filled.
- Thicker layers should be built up using multiple layers. Surface can be sanded after 15 to 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Accelerated cure, using an infrared heater (surface temperature max. 60°C) is possible after 10 minutes of the Body Filler application.
For further information on best safety practices: see section on hazards.
H226 Flammable liquid and vapor.
H315 Causes skin irritation.
H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
H361d Suspected of damaging the unborn child.
H372 Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
(Refer to Safety Data Sheet under ‘Data Sheets’ tab)